BECK Academy Seminar: Global Brand Protection – Brand Strategies for Germany and International Markets
Verlag C.H.BECK, Wilhelmstraße 9, 80801 Munich
November 13, 2017 9:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
The seminar provides numerous international examples for a practical look at the strategic aspects of brand protection and its enforcement. From the viewpoint of a globally active company, the speakers will explain how holders of intellectual property rights can take steps to effectively protect or defend brands and other rights – without going over budget. Examples and field experience will be used to compare the level of protection in Germany with the legal options on international markets. The goal is to show participants how basic elements of brand protection can be combined with the right strategy to create a powerful brand protection program. The options of Legal Tech for online brand protection will also be discussed. The seminar is suitable for those who wish to expand their prior special knowledge, or who wish to establish or reinforce their understanding of the fundamentals. Includes numerous interactive elements.
Attorneys, company legal experts and executives in charge of product development, marketing and/or distribution.
- Strategically expanding and monitoring brand rights
- Smart ways to establish an intellectual property rights portfolio
- Intelligent registration strategies
- Organizing market monitoring in global markets
- Process management and process statistics
- Enforcing rights efficiently
- Identifying chains of distribution and taking action internationally
- Budget optimization and global litigation
- Cooperation with customs authorities and public prosecutors
- Using options for border seizures
- Using criminal investigation procedures
- International aspects
- Preparing for domestic and international trade shows
- Brand protection in the EU vs. RoW
- Online brand protection
- Strategies for Alibaba, eBay, Amazon
- Options with Legal Tech
- Shared liability, domain disputes
- Practical examples and avoiding typical errors
Jonas Bretall, Brand Protection Manager, Volkswagen AG, Wolfsburg, Daniel Hövel, LL.M. Attorney, FPS Rechtsanwälte, Frankfurt, Adjunct Professor J.W. Goethe University Frankfurt
For more information on the schedule, or to register, see our FPS website.